ADI Part Two Training Shropshire
ADI PART 2 TRAINING WITH ORDIT TRAINERS £40 per HOUR
There are 5 parts to the driving test:
- an eyesight check
- ‘show me, tell me’ vehicle safety questions
- general driving ability
- independent driving
ADI Part Two Training Shropshire
Having been ORDIT trainers for almost 15 years, we know exactly what is needed for you to pass your ADI Part 2 driving test.
How long the ADI Part 2 test lasts
The test takes around one hour.
The eyesight test
You’ll have to read a number plate from a distance of:
- 26.5 metres for vehicles with a new-style number plate
- 27.5 metres for vehicles with an old-style number plate
New-style number plates start with 2 letters followed by 2 numbers, such as AB51 ABC.
You’ll fail the test if you don’t pass the eyesight test. It will count as one of the 3 attempts you’re allowed at the ADI part 2 test.
ADI Part 2 Show me, tell me questions
You’ll be asked 5 vehicle safety questions known as the ‘show me, tell me’ questions. These test that you know how to carry out basic safety tasks.
You’ll be asked:
- 3 ‘tell me’ questions at the start of your test, before you start driving
- 2 ‘show me’ questions while you’re driving – for example, showing how to wash the windscreen using the car controls and wipers
You’ll get a driving fault for each incorrect answer you give.
You’ll get a serious fault and fail the test if you answer all 5 questions incorrectly, or if you lose control of the car while answering any of the ‘show me’ questions.
Your general driving ability
You’ll have to show the examiner all of the following:
- expert handling of the controls
- use of correct road procedure
- anticipation of the actions of other road users and then taking appropriate action
- sound judgement of distance, speed and timing
- consideration for the convenience and safety of other road users
- driving in an environmentally-friendly manner
You’ll drive in varying road and traffic conditions, including motorways or dual carriageways where possible.
ADI part 2 manoeuvres
The examiner will ask you to do 2 of the following exercises:
- parallel park at the side of the road
- reverse into a parking bay and drive out
- drive into a parking bay and reverse out
- pull up on the right-hand side of the road, reverse for around 2 car lengths, and rejoin the traffic
ADI Part 2 Independent driving
You’ll have to drive for about 20 minutes by following either:
- directions from a sat nav
- traffic signs
The examiner will tell you which you have to do.
Following directions from a sat nav
The examiner will provide the sat nav and set it up for you.
You can’t follow directions from your own sat nav during the test.
Going off the route
Your test result won’t be affected if you take a wrong turning, unless you make a fault while doing it.
The examiner will help you get back on the route if you do.
If you can’t see traffic signs
If you can’t see a traffic sign (for example, because it’s covered by trees), the examiner will give you directions until you can see the next one.
If you make mistakes during your test
You can carry on if you make a mistake. It might not affect your test result if it’s not serious.
The examiner will only stop your test if they think your driving is a danger to other road users.